Sunday, February 20, 2011

Help me RONDA, help help me RONDA!

This past friday was our last day trip with ASA (we have an overnight trip to Granada in march).  We went to Ronda, Spain which was a 1hr 45min busride from Seville.  I had never heard anything about Ronda (and probably a lot of you reading this have never heard of it either) but it was beautiful.  Even the busride there was incredible.  We were suddenly driving through this huge mountain area and although I've never been to Ireland, that is what I imagine it to look like.

We met up with our tourguide Jesús-- we missed Paco :(.  Jesús is a professional tourguide and when Michelle Obama visited Ronda, he was her tourguide!  The city was very peaceful and the sights were magnificent.  The houses look over this huge gorge and the Tajo river (the largest river on the peninsula).  Then we went to Casa Don Bosco which had the best views.  It was just incredible.  We definitely did not have enough time to take pictures or take in the views.  But it was seriously gorgeous.  Not to mention we had a beautiful day- the clouds look almost fake in my pictures!

Throughout our journey through the city, we stopped at more picturesque places.  On one side, you see all the whitewashed houses- it reminded me of Greece!  Then on the other side were the rolling hills that reminded me of Ireland!  We also stopped to check out some ancient banos (baths).  It started with the Frigidarium (the cold pool), the middle one was the Tepidarium (the warm pool), and then the one closest by the heater was the Caldarium (the hot pool).  Who would want to hangout in a cold pool?  I know I would be staying in the Caldarium.

We ended our tour at the bullfighting ring!  It was so cool.  We basically had the place all to ourselves so we were able to stand in the middle of it and take some pretty awesome pictures.  We're all made to be America's Next Top Model, obviously.  The ring in Ronda doesn't get much use.  I thought Jesús said there are only 2 fights there a year but my Senor said they have 3, so I don't know.  After that, some of us girls hungout outside at an outdoor restaurant and enjoyed the lovely weather with some pizza and sangria.  I wanted some ice cream after, but Ronda didn't have any!  So I had to wait until we got back to Seville where there is one on every corner.


Houses on a cliff that look out onto the gorge and the mountains.


I thought this picture best represented our ANTM photo shoot.  Check out those stances!  Way to go Tatiana and Lindsey!


Cassie and I make an excellent matador and bull!


So other than that, there's not much else to update you on.  I'm going to Rome on Thursday and I am SO EXCITED!  We're going for 4 nights because we have a 5-day weekend for some spanish holiday :).  I'm trying to have a Lizzie McGuire Movie experience here.  Hopefully I will magically be a famous Italian popstar's twin and I'll get to perform in the Colosseum.  It'll happen.  Then as far as other trips, I am booked to go to Greece with Melissa for a week in April!!!  I can't believe I'm going to Greece.  I didn't think that would actually happen this semester but it is!!!  And in March we're going to Cadiz (a provence close to Seville) that has the 3rd largest Carnaval party in the world.  I'm pumped.  The weekend after that is Granada.  And the weekend after that will be *fingers crossed* Morocco!  Why did the problems in North Africa have to happen this semester?  Seriously.  So hopefully Morocco will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment